The History of Broomhall Business Centre Worcester
The business centre located in Broomhall, Worcester retains existing features as the buildings were sympathetically preserved & transformed into office space & warehousing to serve Worcestershire. It has a long and interesting history;
- Present: Colin & Alyson Anstey - Growing cereals, wheat, oats and barley (in rotation), vegetables, onions, mint and coriander (in rotation), grassland (sheep) and oil-seed rape. Colin also manages the commercial units and offices.
- 2015 New building erected for additional storage units.
- 2003 – 2007 Conversion of farm buildings to offices and storage units.
- 2002 Pedigree Friesian herd sold.
- 1990 Farm shop opened on site, specialising in farmhouse British cheeses.
- 1985 Cheese production started.
- 1977 Colin Anstey began farming at Broomhall after 3 years at Royal Agricultural College, Cirencester.
- 1966 & 77 Cattle buildings erected and dairy herd expanded.
- 1949 Martin Anstey took over the farm after his father retired. Martin established the Kemland herd of pedigree Friesian cows.
- 1923 Richard Anstey moved from farming near Bristol to farm at Lower Broomhall Farm, Worcester.
- 1850s Red brick farm buildings built.
- 8th Century Anglo Saxon farmstead at Broomhall
- 1st Century Roman road through farmland.
Find out about the Owner, Colin Anstey, here